Personal hygiene is the important factors to be considered, during Everest Base Camp Trek. You need to stay fit and healthy. The trek is very commercialize, teahouses are excellent and so are their kitchen staffs. They often let their staff participate in the safety programs and cooking class. There are some extremely remote trek in Nepal, like Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Manaslu and Far West of GHT. Food related health issue is the major problem in these region. For Everest, in each and every hotel there are professional cooks. So Kitchen is not vulnerable to poisoning.
Here are the list of few things to keep yourself healthy during the trek.
- Purify your water, either with drops or tablets or steri pen
- Always use hand sanitizer, after toilets, after fasting and loosing your shoes, after sneezing and coughing
- Keep your nail short when possible
- Keep your nail as short as possible, if possible carry nail cutter with you through out trek.
- Use boiled hot water to get rid of running nose
- Use tissue paper while sneezing
- Cover your mouth while sneezing as shown in the picture
- Do not hold money in your mouth while counting, paper money in had seen everything
- Do not take shower in Lobuche and Gorakshep
- Use sunscreen with SPF 25+ and more
- Keep yourself warm
- Drink adequate water, soup and organic tea
- Always use your personal sleeping bag
- Do not drink above Namche on your way up
- Follow the preventive measure of high altitude sickness