If you are planning for Nepal Everest Base Camp Trekking and wondering about Everest For Kids whether they can trek or not and other things we will discuss about it here with some Mount Everest Facts for Kids. Even within Everest Region there are several alternatives trails available for trekking, browse our Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary for possible alternatives of Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary. Trekking on this region is declared as Demanding Grade Trail that can be successfully accomplished by kids too. Major problem that might arises during Everest Base Camp Trekking are high altitude sickness or acute mountain sickness because of altitude difference. So major question that might arises is “Can I Trek Everest Base Camp with Kids” and answer does depend of several factors whether you can or not, as depending on general things Mount Everest for Kids might be suitable or not for Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Before deciding whether Mount Everest for Kids is suitable or not, ask some question to yourself and know yourself whether Everest Trek is for your Kids or not.
- Can my children walk on their own or not
If your kids cannot walk on your own then it will not be a good idea to Trek Everest Base Camp with Kids, cause in such high elevation you even cannot walk yourself because of tiredness, lack of oxygen and energy it is almost impossible for your to carry your children while walking. However if you can arrange porter to carry your children then you can take otherwise it is not good idea to take your small children who cannot walk on their own with during Everest Base Camp Trekking.
- Can my children express their problem to me or other
Analyze yourself whether your children can properly communicate with you or not, for example if he is too young to speak then it is also not good idea take your children even by arranging porter. Your children should understand basic high altitude symptoms and let you know as soon as possible about his/her problem related with higher elevation as well as any other difficulties they are facing. However if you children can walk on their own pretty good and express their problem you can take them with you during your Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking because trail are pretty good from Lukla to Namche, just in some place there do exist rocky trail which they can traverse with some assistance in case of needs.
- Can my child understand all needs for Everest Base Camp Trek
Make sure your child had good understanding power like once your explain them about possible altitude sickness and other obstacles they can prepare mentally themselves or not. When you explain them about preventative measure of high altitude sickness then they should be able to follow precaution measure like drinking enough water by them, follow other rules for preventing high altitude sickness. So if your child can figure out these factors then no doubt take them with your Nepal Everest Base Camp Trekking. Let kids read our section of Acute Mountain Sickness.
- Does insurance offer travel policy for kids or not
Another important factor is to make sure about travel insurance policy for kids, for this you can consult with your service provider to assure your child is protected too. If you are wondering like why insurance is needed during Everest Base Camp Trekking then browse our section of Importance of Travel Insurance and How to make use of your insurance too.
There is no such age limit for Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking any age, any gender, any nationality can trek of Sagarmatha National Park Area toward Mount Everest Base Camp. Bottleneck problem for Nepal Everest Base Camp Trekking is Kathmandu Lukla Flight and High Altitude Sickness, which affect everybody on constant proportion like not less for adult and more for kids. Browse our Everest Base Camp Trek FAQ for more general question as well as Online Zoom Able Everest Base Camp Trek is useful resource to plan for Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Just incase if you are small kids and not looking for all these information discussed above then in that case we don’t want to disappoint you, just scroll further below to see top ten facts about Mount Everest.
Mount Everest Facts For Kids
- Mount Everest is the highest mountain on the world that is located in Nepal in Asia sharing border with Tibet.
- Summit of Mount Everest is 8848 meter from sea level that is equivalent to 29045 feet.
- Tenzing Norgay Sherpa first climbed Mount Everest with Edmund Hillary on 1953 May 29th.
- Every year on May 29th Everest Marathon used to be held from Everest Base Camp Trek to Namche Bazar that is highest marathon on world.
- Base of Mount Everest occupied land of both Nepal and Tibet but summit part is on Nepal so Mount Everest belongs to Nepal.
- It takes minimum of seven day walking to reach Everest Base Camp from Nepal starting Lukla Airport where as from Tibet one can drive somewhere near Everest Base Camp and just two more hour to reach Everest Base Camp.
- Similar to different trekking trail toward Base Camp of Everest, there are also different routes to summit of Mount Everest; there are total 18 different climbing routes for Everest Expedition.
- Oxygen level on air present at Everest Base Camp is only 50 % where as on sea level it will be 100 % so some of people get suffered from high altitude sickness.
- According to geologist almost 50 millions year ago summit of Everest was beneath ocean (Tethis Sea exist on these area) and after eruption and movement of plateau it rise and became highest point n earth.
- Climber need sixty to sixty five days to summit Mount Everest starting from Kathmandu, as they need to spent lots of time for acclimatization during on their way up, after summiting they descend rapidly toward Base Camp almost in two days they descend from summit to Base Camp of mount Everest.